Power outages can be an extreme nuisance. Power outages can last anywhere from a couple of hours to several days or even weeks. When a person is dealing with a power outage, it might be a mild nuisance, or it could be a major one due to the fact that they can lose food that has been stored in the refrigerator and freezer.
If the power outage goes longer than 24 hours, a person will have to replace everything in their refrigerator and freezer. This can be quite costly. Power outages will also mean a person will not be able to heat or cool their home. If someone has elderly living in their home, and there are children in the home, this can be a major inconvenience and potentially life-threatening. This is why it’s so important to consider purchasing a generator. There are many generators out there on the market that are affordable. A person will need to consider what they want in a generator, and whether or not they want a portable generator or one that is hooked up to the entire home.
Best Place to Buy a Generator
There are several places that a person can buy a generator. First and foremost, a person needs to consider what they want out of their generator and how much they want to spend. Having a budget in mind will help the person to ensure that they stay within the parameters of their bank account.
A person can first look online on sites like Amazon.com to see if they can find a generator that they want. A person can also go to home improvement stores like Lowe’s and Home Depot to see if they can find a generator that fits their needs. Harbor Freight is also a good place to find affordable generators. A person can also go with a generator installation company. If a person chooses to have a generator installed, they will want to make sure they read reviews. This is also true when someone buys a generator installer. A potential buyer will want to make sure they find all there is to know about the generator itself and reviews from other people that use it.
Most Popular Generator Brands
There are many popular generator brands on the market. A person needs to choose what brand they want based on features, pricing, and reviews. Here are some of the most popular generator brands:
- Generac - Generac offers several different portable generator models and different pricing depending on the type of generator.
- Wen PowerPro - This company offers several different generators at affordable prices. Wen PowerPro is well known for its lightweight generators and has stellar reviews.
- Honda - Honda offers a broad variety of generators. They offer generators that hook up to the electrical system and serve as a backup generator for when the power goes out. There are many options when it comes to the generators, so a person wishing to install this type of generator will need to do their research on what they want.
- Yamaha - Yamaha offers a broad variety of different generators. Their portable generators are well known as being reliable and lasting a long time.
- Champion - Champion offers several choices when it comes to portable generators. A person will be able to find generators that are single fuel or dual fuel. Champion is well known for his super generators.
Recent technology has made it possible for an inverter generator that is run by an advanced electronic circuitry and magnets. This generator will put out an AC current just like most generators, but then the current will be converted to DC voltage. After the current has been converted to DC voltage it will then be inverted back to a clean AC voltage. The benefits of this type of generator are that it maintains a constant flow of current to an appliance. This will help to ensure that there are no surges that may cause an appliance to malfunction. Inverter generators are great for people who run several different appliances and their computers off the generator when the power goes out. Inverter generators are very small and lightweight. They are easy to stow away when needed. Another benefit of an inverter is that they have an acoustic cabinet that surrounds it. This helps to silence the generator and reduce the noise that is common in traditional generators.