If you are looking for ways to increase your sales and brand awareness in an inexpensive way you should investigate drip marketing. Drip marketing is a type of marketing strategy that sends out scheduled messages to prospective and existing customers.
Drip marketing can take place over email, social media, direct mail and more. Drip marketing times its messages over a pre-determined course and drips the message based on the behavior of the intended recipient. Drip marketing is often automated which allows for scheduled messages to be sent to targeted leads.
What Is Drip Marketing?
Drip marketing is a detailed plan of scheduled communication with existing and potential customers. Drip marketing creates a steady drip of marketing messages which may take the form of emails, social media content, printed newsletters, scheduled phone calls and other forms of marketing. Drip marketing utilizes these tools to increase brand awareness and create sales leads. Automation is a huge part of drip marketing because it relies on automated services to ensure that messages are sent out at certain times. It also allows companies to react in a timely manner after a customer expresses interest or behaves in a certain manner. This can help to generate sales. Drip marketing also allows for consistent and timely marketing that keeps the consumer’s interest without flooding them with marketing materials.
Drip marketing can be thought of as lead nurturing. It allows for prospective and existing customers to become aware of sales, new products, brand information, and upcoming trends. Drip marketing commands customer attention in a personalized manner which increases sales and overall responsiveness.
Drip marketing can be customized to meet the needs of the company. Common types of drip marketing campaigns include:
- Educational drips
- This type of drip marketing offers relevant information to prospects. It can help the recipient become familiar with the brand and engage.
- Promotional drips
- This type of drip marketing informs leads of limited offers and promotional discounts.
- Re-engagement drips
- This type of drip marketing goes after former customers or leads to get them back into the sales cycle.
How Can Drip Marketing Help Your Business
Now that you know the basics about drip marketing you are probably wondering how it can benefit your business. Drip marketing can benefit your business in a variety of ways:
- Create a solid image
- Drip marketing can help you to secure your brand’s image in the industry. It allows for leads to become familiar with your brand and what your company is about.
- Relationship building
- Drip marketing can benefit your business by allowing you to connect with your leads in a well-planned out and personalized way.
- Generate leads
- You can easily generate leads based on behavior which allows you to target your drips and messages to garner best results.
- Increased conversions
- Drip marketing lets you to keep in touch with your customers. You can inform targeted leads about sales, promotions and company information easily.
- Decreased costs
- Drip marketing is a very cost-effective way of marketing. It can be highly automated which saves money in staffing. The drip marketing message and the media that is used can be based on the prospect’s behavior. This often reaps higher response rates than more expensive marketing tools.
Drip Marketing Platforms For CRM
Drip marketing platforms allow you to build and manage your customer relationships. There are many different platforms to choose from depending on your needs, wants and budget. Many drip marketing platforms allow you to personalize messages and automation to generate leads and sales with ease. You should look for a drip marketing platform that offers integration, tracking, automation, personalization, analytics, and reporting. Many drip marketing platforms have different packages to choose from depending on your company’s size, budget, and needs.
A few of the most popular drip marketing platforms for customer relationship management (CRM) include:
Drip marketing can allow your company to grow through personalization, customer relationship building and scheduled automation.