One of the most successful business models these days is the membership model. People provide monthly or yearly fees to become a member of a club or group and get the benefits.
Gyms have been using the membership model forever and it’s very common for online media outlets and streaming services.
However, with the evolution of the membership model, it’s become more complicated. Many services offer multiple types of memberships that differ in price and options. Keeping track of which customer has which subscription and ensuring that the billing cycles run smoothly is invaluable. Any business which is interested in the subscription model can benefit from membership management software.
Who Can Use Membership Management Software?
As mentioned, there are a lot of businesses which can make use of membership management software. Gyms were one of the early adopters of this software. It allows them to ensure that all of their members are up to date with their payments and with their plans. It also allows the gyms to run specials and easily manage altered pay structures.
Online companies often run memberships. Whether it’s a company offering streaming services or monthly subscription boxes, there are going to be thousands of memberships which need managing.
Another sector is golf clubs, country clubs and even restaurants. All of these businesses integrate membership management software with their scheduling systems. Conferences also benefit from a membership management software as they can ensure that everyone is where they need to be during what can sometimes feel like an overwhelming time.
Benefits of Membership Management Software
There are many benefits to membership management software which go a long way to making business easier to manage. Some of the common benefits include:
- Easy Payment - Membership management software ensures that memberships are paid on time through credit cards provided right away. It also ensures that if a credit card is about to expire, the member will be able to upgrade it.
- Marketing Opportunities - As people cancel or come to the end of memberships, the potential for marketing and retaining customers is high. Membership management software can have these opportunities automated and ready to go.
- Integration With Other Software - Membership management software is a very flexible tool. It tends to join seamlessly with other pieces of software. It’s especially compatible for scheduling softwares.
- Reporting/Analytics - Membership management software typically comes with built in analytical data. The reports it provides can give interesting trends and data about the memberships being offered. New plans and subscriptions can be developed to better profit the company and benefit the consumer.
Popular Software Providers
There are a lot of software offerings out there. Each software may function in a slightly different way. What follows are some of the most popular and the best membership management softwares available on the market today:
- MINDBODY Membership Software - This is one of the most used software offerings and tends to specialize in memberships based in the health sector. It can help maximize profit by easily automating renewals and boosting sales.
- Wild Apricot - The goal of this software is to keep administration tasks to the bare minimum. Automation is the key! One of the best aspects of wild apricot is that it is easy to use and designed so that even volunteers joining an organization and assisting will be able to use it easily.
- Brilliant Directories - For people who are looking for an all in one option, brilliant directions is a great choice. It even assists with website design for businesses that need it. Online payment processing and past due monitoring make sure that everything runs smoothly.