There are many people who struggle day in and day out with breathing. Something that is taken for granted by so many people around the world is a difficult and sometimes painful process for those suffering from bad respiratory health.
There are ways to handle poor respiratory health and asthma though. These aren’t conditions which can’t be handled in some fashion. Lifestyle changes can make an immense change in a person’s respiratory health. All it takes is a little willpower and the willingness to change your way of life to make yourself feel better moving forward.
Lifestyle Actions to Improve Respiratory Health
There are many things that people can do to improve their respiratory health. It’s not just a case of getting damaged and then using medication to get better again. The best steps for respiratory health are ones that are imposed through the willpower of the person in question. Here are some of the best lifestyle changes that can be made:
- Stop Smoking - If there’s one thing that can make a fast and marked improvement in respiratory health, it’s giving up on smoking. The chemicals that smokers inhale is consistently doing damage to their lungs and smoking is directly responsible for around 90% of lung cancer deaths. More than anything else, smoking needs to end.
- Add Exercise - The best kind of exercise for people who want to improve their respiratory health is cardiovascular. This exercise will strengthen both the heart and the lungs. Admittedly, cardio exercise can sometimes be quite difficult. The benefit is that there are many different ways to enjoy cardio. Do it on your own, or with a group or team in a sport. Try something new like kickboxing or skiing and watch your respiratory health improve.
- Change Diet - As with almost every health issue that exists, changing a diet to a balanced healthy one is going to benefit the respiratory system and the body at large. There are also some specific foods which battle mucus issues.
- Yoga - Many people laugh off Yoga, but when it comes to respiratory health, it’s one of the best things a person can consider. Yoga is very focused on breathing. The deep breaths and calm nature of Yoga can do wonders for a respiratory system.
Steps To Take When Living With Asthma
People with Asthma will often have to undergo many of the same things as people above. Improving their respiratory health is a good thing. However, Asthma sufferers have their own specific issues and concerns they have to deal with. An attack can be triggered by a lot of things. Therefore it’s important to take these steps to successfully live with Asthma.
- Catalogue Triggers - It seems like each case of Asthma is individualized. Everyone will have different triggers which may cause them to have an attack. Keeping an catalogue of everything about a location or action that causes an attack can help a person identify just what is happening and work for further prevention.
- Clean an Environment - People with Asthma struggle when there are particles in the air. It’s simple to truly clean and design places where they can breathe more easily. Try removing carpets and use wood or other straight floors instead. Constantly vacuuming and mopping helps as well. These are the key ways to avoid dust.
- Pet Free Places - Pets aren’t exactly the most hygenic and will often carry dirt or dust around with them which leads to possible attacks. Try to have one area in an house, one room, where the pets aren’t allowed. Therefore if an attack is starting, it’s easy to retreat to this area and things won’t be as bad.